There are so many amazing books out there and a handful of them would make great movies or tv series. I thought I’d list my top ten that I’d love to see. These aren’t in any order, they’re just all the books I want to be adapted.
- The Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver. I remember reading this series quite a few years ago and thinking at the time ‘this would make a good tv show’. The books are action packed and could definitely be adapted into movies or a tv show. The plot of the books are fantastic and watching it unfold on screen would be so good.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Everyone loves to read a contemporary book every now and then and Anna and the French Kiss is the perfect one to read over and over. This could easily be adapted into an amazing movie and it being set in Paris makes it even more appealing.
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. When I read this book, I honestly wasn’t expecting the ending of it. This book made me feel so many emotions and seeing it as a movie would make me feel those emotions all over again. This would be the perfect movie to watch during Summer and the events that take place within would definitely touch the audience.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. This. Needs. To Happen. Like. Right. Now. Movie or tv series I don’t care, I just need to watch it now.
- The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I know that the first two books in this series have already been adapted, but let’s be honest, they weren’t as good as they could have been. There is so much potential for this series and if it got into the right hands, it would make an amazing tv series.
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I wasn’t expecting this book to affect me in the ways that it did. As a movie, I think this would send out a great message to people dealing with mental illnesses and personal issues in their lives.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This is another one that’s been done before but a second chance is all it needs to be great. The books were so entertaining and it would definitely work better as a tv series.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch. I just recently finished the first book in this series and it was fantastic. Everything about it would make a great tv show and the element of the different seasons ruling kingdoms is something I would love to see on screen.
- The Hollow series by Jessica Verday. This was one of the very first book series that I read and I’ve always loved it. The plot behind these books is so interesting that I’d love to see it as a movie series.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I loved this book so much, I would do anything to see it be adapted into either a movie or tv show.