I have more time off this Summer than I have ever had off before – in total I have 18 weeks before I go back to University in September! During this time, I plan on doing a lot of reading to make up for the fact that I barely have time to read during the semesters. I’ve made a list of all of the books that I want to read this Summer, and hopefully I will be able to finish the majority of these.
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I’ve had this book for over a year now but it’s so big that I’ve been too scared to pick it up. I’ve been watching the season season of the tv show which has made me really excited to pick the series back up again and what better time to do this than this month? I’m going to Scotland in just over a week so I’m planning on starting Voyager when I’m up there. I also downloaded the audiobook to listen to whilst I’m travelling around as it’s an 8 hour journey there.
- The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I’ve been taking my time reading this series because I loved the Percy Jackson series so much. I only have two books in the series left, House of Hades and The Blood of Olympus, which I am planning on reading straight after I’ve finished Voyager.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I loved Red Queen and was so excited to start Glass Sword when I purchased it. Unfortunately, I had forgotten the majority of what happened in Red Queen and University got in the way of reading it so I had to put it down. I am determined to re-read Red Queen so I can finally enjoy Glass Sword. Thankfully I’ve managed to avoid spoilers so far!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. During the Summer months I love to read contemporary books, I don’t know why but it always seems like the perfect time to do so. I’ve heard so many great things about this book and the synopsis sounds so interesting, so I really can’t wait to read this.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han. I’m in a contemporary mood at the moment and I have heard really good things about this series which makes me even more excited to start it.
- The Crown by Kiera Cass. I pre-ordered this book back in January from Amazon and it was supposed to be delivered a few weeks ago but I still haven’t received it. It’s the last book in the Selection series and I’ve really been looking forward to finding out how the series is wrapped up. Hopefully, I get this book soon because I really want to read it!
- The last book I plan on reading this Summer is Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. Passenger is a pretty big book which is perfect for Summer as I will have lots of time to finish it. Every review I’ve seen about this book have been good which makes me want to finish it right now.
On top of these books I’ve mentioned, I’ve also got over 20 books I need to read for University, which I might do another blog post about in the future. Fingers crossed I manage to read the majority of these!