I recently found out my results for my first year at University, I finished with a 2:1. (yay!) I thought this would be the perfect time to do a book haul for the books that I will be reading for one of my modules. I still haven’t received the reading lists for my other modules, so I may or may not do another book haul once I know what they are.
- Middlemarch by George Eliot. I really don’t know much about this book other than the fact that it’s quite long.
- North and South by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell. This is another one that I don’t know much about but it’s set during the Industrial Revolution so that should be interesting to read about.
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I just read the synopsis for this book and it sounds really interesting. It’s considered somewhat as a detective novel which I don’t usually read but I’m really hoping that I enjoy this.
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells. The title gives some information about the book and that it focuses upon time travel but other than that this is another book that I don’t know much about.
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. When I saw that this was one of the books that I’d be reading for my module, I got a little bit excited. It’s one that I have heard of before and because I’ve seen the Disney film, I know what to expect.
- Complete Ghost Stories by Charles Dickens. I’m really not a fan of ghost stories but I’m hoping that because they’re written by Charles Dickens that they will be good.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I have been wanting to read this series for quite a while now, but I never picked up the books so I’m really happy that I’ll be reading this for University.
I don’t really know much about some of these books but I’m hoping that I enjoy them. It’s horrible when you have to study a book that you don’t really like.