I have a love hate relationship with ‘To Be Read’ lists. I used to set myself monthly TBR lists but I never ended up reading the majority of the books that I said I was going to. The monthly list made me feel as though I was pressuring myself into reading certain books that month when I wasn’t in the mood to. I’ve decided that I’m going to do seasonal TBR lists instead, so there is less pressure to read certain books and I can pick up whatever I’m in the mood for!
- First on my list that I definitely have to read this Autumn is Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. This is one of my highly anticipated books of 2016 and I can’t wait to get back into the Throne of Glass world and see where the story is heading.
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. I’ve recently decided to pick this series back up again even though I have no idea why I stopped at the first book. I bought this book a couple of weeks ago so now there’s no excuse for me to not read it.
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. I feel like this will be the perfect book to read around Halloween so I am really hoping that I do pick this book up in October!
- Magic Study by Maria V Snyder. I recently featured the first book in this series, Poison Study, in a recommendations blog post and it made me remember why I enjoyed it so much. I really want to continue on with this series because I’ve heard so many good things about it.
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I really want to read this book before the second book in the series is released in October.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. I started re-reading the Harry Potter series last year but University started getting really hectic so I didn’t have as much time to read anymore. I also really want to read The Cursed Child but I want to finish re-reading the series beforehand.
That’s it for my Autumn TBR list, I’m really hoping that I manage to read at least half of these books! What are some of the books that you’re looking forward to picking up this Autumn?