I haven’t done a book tag in quite a while so I was searching around for one to do when I found the Disney one. I love Disney and I love tags, so this sounded like the perfect book tag for me to do. This was originally created by Katytastic over on YouTube, check out the original video here.
- The Little Mermaid – A character who is out of their element, ‘a fish out of water’.
The first character that I thought of for this was Emily from Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Emily’s best friend disappears one summer and leaves Emily with a list of things that she has to do. Following the disappearance Emily is out of her element trying to complete the list, doing things that she would never normally do.
- Cinderella – A character that goes through a major transformation.
There are so many characters that have gone through a major transformation. For me, Celeana Sardothian from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas has definitely transformed a lot. She’s gone through so much and become such a strong character as a result.
- Snow White – A book with an eclectic cast of characters.
The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan has such a diverse cast of characters and I love them all so much.
- Sleeping Beauty – A book that put you to sleep.
Usually if I’m not enjoying a book, I put it down but unfortunately I have a lot of reading for University to do and some of them aren’t that great. Middlemarch by George Eliot is an extremely long book that definitely made me want to fall asleep. I’m still not sure what it was even about.
- The Lion King – A character who had something traumatic happen to them.
There are a lot of characters who have been through something traumatic but one that stands out to me is probably Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I couldn’t imagine being in her situation inside the arena or at any point after that.
- Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. IT’S A HUGE BOOK! It took me ages to read it but I loved it so much.
- Aladdin – A character who gets their wish granted, for better or for worse.
I can’t think of anyone for this!
- Mulan – A character who pretends to be something that they’re not.
I couldn’t think of anyone for this then I remembered Mare from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard! Mare has to pretend to be a Silver after publicly discovering that she has lightning powers.
- Toy Story – A book with characters that you wish would come to life.
This one is so easy. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I want to live in a world where Will Herondale exists.
- Disney Descendants – Your favourite villain or morally ambiguous character.
I do have quite a few favourite villains but at the moment it’s Maven from the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I feel like there’s more to Maven which we’ll hopefully find out in the next book.