Happy Gilmore Girls day! To celebrate the new episodes, I thought I’d do the Gilmore Girls book tag. I’ve spent the past few months watching this show and instantly fell in love with it, so I’m really happy that there’s a book tag based upon it. There are quite a few versions of this tag, but I’m going to do the one created by Pink Lemonade Reads over on Booktube.
- I JUST GOT HIT BY A DEER – character having the worst day ever.
For this I’m going to choose Mather from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I don’t want to say too much because it will spoil the first book, but he finds out that he isn’t who he thought he was which is pretty hard from him to deal with.
- STARS HOLLOW – wildly eccentric cast.
Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. This series has such a wide variety of characters and I love them all so much.
- COFFEE – a book you’re addicted to/a character w/ an addiction
At the moment the book that I’m addicted to is Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I’m always trying to get my friends to read it because it’s one of my favourites. If I could, I’d re-read this all the time.
- SOMEONE DEVIL EGGED BY CAR?! – great act of revenge I can’t think of a book for this one because I don’t think I’ve read a book that has any revenge in it or if I have, I can’t remember it.
- MR. MEDINA – an illicit affair
Lochan and Maya from Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Even from the title, you can guess that the relationship between these two characters is illicit. They’re brother and sister and end up raising their siblings alone as their mother is an alcoholic which leads to them falling in love.
- KIM’S ANTIQUES – a world you’d be afraid to enter
Definitely Panem (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins).
- HARVARD VS. YALE – character who needs to make a life-changing decision
Claire from the Outlander series definitely has to make a huge decision between staying in the 1740s or going back to the 1940s.
- LUKE’S DINER – a comfort read
The Harry Potter series! It was one of the very first book series that I ever read and it’s one that I wish I could read for the first time again.
- AM I CRYING OR LAUGHING? – a book that messed with your emotions
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This book had me feeling every emotion, it was so good.
- EMILY – the HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge)
I think any lead female character that Sarah J. Maas writes is pretty badass and in charge.
- LORELAI AND RORY – favorite family dynamic
I don’t think anything can top Lorelai and Rory’s relationship.
- I PUSHED HIM IN THE LAKE! – a book you’d throw in a lake
Middlemarch by George Eliot. NO REGRETS.
- 1000 YELLOW DAISIES – favorite romance
It’s so hard to choose between Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson!
- JESS – an unpopular opinion
Empire of Storms is over-hyped.
- FIRST SNOW – snowy or holiday read
I’ve not actually read many book set in winter, so I’m going to have to choose the Snow Like Ashes series by Sara Raasch because the main focus is the Kingdom of Winter.
- HEP ALIEN – book centered around music
I’m going to pick a character for this and that character is Jem from The Infernal Devices. Jem is one of the more musical characters in this series as he is always playing the violin.
- HE’D BETTER HAVE A MOTORCYCLE! – your book crush
This will probably always be Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
- IT’S REPETITIVE AND REDUNDANT – a book that could have been shorter
Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End) by Ceceila Ahern. I really enjoyed this book but towards the end, it started to drag because not much was happening so it definitely could have been a lot shorter.
- KIRK – the weirdest book you’ve ever read
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. So, so weird. This is probably one of the only books that I’ve ever given less than three stars to.
- IT’S A LIFESTYLE. IT’S A RELIGION – that one book that means more to you than any other
The Infernal Devices will always be a very special series to me.
That’s it for the Gilmore Girls book tag! Have you watched the new episodes yet?