When I saw this tag I knew I had to do it because of how much I love Netflix. When I’m not reading I’m on Netflix, which at the moment is a lot because I’m in the biggest reading slump I’ve probably ever been in. I blame University deadlines! This tag was created by A Darker Shade of Whitney on YouTube, if you want to check out the original you definitely should!
1. Recently Watched: The last book you finished reading.
The last book I read was Unfiltered by Lily Collins, which was almost a month ago! I loved this book so much and flew through it in just a day.
2. Top Picks: A book/books that have been recommended to you based on a book you have previously read.
I had to have a look on Goodreads for this one and the first book that came up was The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon which is on my book shelf waiting to be read.
3. Recently Added: Last book you bought.
The last time I bought books, I got two: Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon and Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.
4. Popular on Netflix: Books that everyone knows about. (2 you have read and 2 you have no interest in reading).
I’d be surprised if no-one knew about Heartless by Marissa Meyer because it’s SO GOOD! I’m pretty sure that everyone knows about Lily Collins book Unfiltered, which is definitely worth reading!
I can only think of one for the second half of this question and that is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which is everywhere at the moment because of the Netflix adaptation. I wouldn’t say I’d never read this book but I have heard that it’s not that good so I’m unsure about it.
5. Comedies: A funny book.
Anything that Rick Riordan writes never fails to make me laugh.
6. Dramas: A character who is a drama queen/king.
I immediately thought of Celaena/Aelin from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas but she’s only annoying from book three onwards.
7. Animated: A book with cartoons on the cover.
I think one of the only books I own with cartoons on the cover is Maus by Art Spiegelman.
8. Watch it again: A book/book series that you want to re-read.
Recently for one of my modules at University, we studied The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and now all I can think of is how much I want to re-read the series.
9. Documentaries: A non-fiction book you’d recommend to everyone.
How many times it is acceptable to recommend Unfiltered in one blog post?
10. Action and Adventure: An action packed book.
I’m going to pick the last action packed book I read which was The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan, definitely worth reading if you’re a fan of The Percy Jackson series!
11. New Releases: A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can’t wait to read.
I’m so excited to read Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han which is out really soon!
Feel free to do this tag yourself and let me know if you do! I’m off to Netflix…