I used to hate the idea of a Kindle. I was (and still am) obsessed with physical books, so I didn’t understand the point of a Kindle. I thought that they took away the magic of holding a real book and turning real pages.
I got given a Kindle this year for Christmas from my Mum, and I was totally wrong about them! I’ve not had it long and I’ve already discovered some reasons why I love it! I still love reading physical books, but it’s nice to use my Kindle to read some books especially because I’m running out of shelf space!
Here are some of the reasons why I love physical books, and why I love my Kindle…
- It’s a physical copy, how can you beat that? I can add it to my shelves and see it every day!
- They’re beautiful and come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Shout out to paperbacks which are my favourite because they’re so much easier to hold when reading!
- Books smell awesome… at least some do. You can’t beat that bookish smell.
- I can use any bookmark that I want to keep track of where I am in the book.
- So much more convenient when travelling! They’re smaller, lighter and don’t take up much room in my bag. It makes reading on public transport so much easier.
- I can highlight, underline and make notes without ruining the book I’m reading.
- I can increase the size of the text which is a complete lifesaver for me. Sometimes the font size in books is way too small and I struggle to read, but I don’t have that problem with my Kindle!
Which do you prefer – Kindle or books?