Happy Sunday! I was nominated by the very kind Shanah at Bionic Book Worm a few months ago for this award – thank you so much for nominating me!
Answer the 11 questions that you’ve been asked
11 (4) other bloggers
Ask your nominees 11 questions
Let them know you’ve nominated them!
If you and a best friend could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Rome! I’ve wanted to go to Rome for the longest time because it just seems like a beautiful place that’s so rich in history. I’ve never had the money to travel anywhere, but Rome is the only place that I really want to go to. Me and my friend have been talking about going to Rome and planning it for a few months now, so hopefully this dream of mine might actually come true soon!
2. Choose any character to be your best friend – who is it and why?
I’ve thought about this question for a few years now and I’ve always had the same answer, it always used to be between Simon Lewis and Percy Jackson. However, that’s all changed now after I finished The Exact Opposite of Okay. I feel like if the main character, Izzy, really did exist, then we would get along so well. I love her sense of humour and how loyal she is to her friends and family as well!
3. What book world/setting would you like to live in or visit?
Hogwarts is my number 1!
4. What book impacted you the most? Either in a thought provoking, emotional, happy, etc, way?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. This book is so incredibly important and I can’t put into words how amazing it is!
5. If you had one extra day in a week that nobody knew about, what would you do with it?
Absolutely nothing. It’s so rare to have those days to yourself where you don’t have anything to do, and I feel like I never get time to completely unwind. Even though I say I’d be doing nothing, I’d probably end up reading or watching tv – but that’s still a good way to spend it!
6. If you could have your own personal library that you could decorate ANY way you wanted (money is not a factor!) what would it look like and what would it HAVE to include (besides books of course!)
I have so many ideas. I’ve been dreaming for years about how I’d turn a room into a library, and all I know for sure is that I want white bookcases and fairy lights! My dream is to have a window seat and I’d love to make it all cosy and just sit there and read for hours and hours.
7. If you could donate $1000 to any charity, which would you choose?
There are so many charities that I would love to donate to, but I think the main one would be WaterAid. I think clean and fresh water is something that everyone is entitled to, and having safe water to drink can make such a big difference.
8. Pets – do you have any? If you could have any pet which would you choose?
I have a lot of pets haha! I have three dogs and four cats and it’s definitely a handful. We didn’t really intend to have so many, but it just kind of happened! Two of our cats are technically rescues – one of them kept trying to follow us home when she was a kitten, when we eventually found out she was a stray, we decided to give her a home and she’s become the clingiest and most loving cat ever. The other rescue is one that we found when she was a teeny tiny kitten and she’d been abandoned by her mum. We took her in and bottle fed her but unfortunately she hates all the humans in the house, but she loves the dogs and they’ve kind of adopted her as one of them!
9. Favourite flavour of ice cream?
There is honestly nothing better than mint chocolate chip ice cream.
10. What is your Hogwarts house?
11. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
To be able to read all the books I want!
- What is your favourite bookish item (mug, bookmark, candle, etc)?
- Describe your favourite book in three words.
- Do you read book reviews before or after finishing a book?
- If you could create your own candle, what scent would it be and why?
- What is your dream travel destination – fictional or real?
- What is one book that you would give a second chance, despite not enjoying it the first time?
- Who is your favourite Disney sidekick?
- What’s the lowest rating you’ve ever given a book and why?
- Do you do your book shopping online or in store?
- If you wrote a book about your life, what would its title be and why?
- Favourite book of 2018 so far?