One of my goals this year is to participate in a lot more reading challenges. I found the Beat the Backlist Readathon, which was created by NovelKnight. It seems like a really great readathon which will hopefully encourage me to catch up on some books that I’ve been saying I’ll get to for years now (woops!).
If you’re interested in learning more about the reading challenge, click here for all the info!
The rules for this challenge are pretty simple:
The book must have been published in 2018, or earlier, and must be read during 2019 to count. These books can be any format, don’t have to be owned, and re-reads count as well!
I want to set myself a goal of reading at least two books that fit the criteria a month. As I’ve already missed January, I have 22 books on my list that I really hope I can knock off my TBR this year!
1) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
2&3) Six of Crows (Re-read) and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
4) Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
5) Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
6) Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
7) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
8) Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
9) Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
10) Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
11) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
12) Invictus by Ryan Graudin
13) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
14, 15 & 16) Magnus Chase Trilogy by Rick Riordan
17) Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
18) Spellslinger by Sebastien De Castell
19) The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
20) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
21) What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
22) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Are you participating in any readthons this year?